Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Start with a quote, they said. Don't stare like that, they said. You'll go blind if you keep doing that, they said. They were right with the first one, but thankfully they were dead wrong on the other two. Though I do need glasses to see perfectly, if one can ever do that.

"Love, the forgiving hand of victory."
O'Sullivan Beare family motto, Edward Whittemore.

I want to spend the night reading Jerusalem Poker until I'm sobbing in unadulterated awe at the words E.W. uses to give unto history best book ever...

But a trip to Chicago is in the near future, and thus sleep before it is recommended by my lover, and even though her marvelous moonlit form isn't next to me, warming me and giving me that cliched but correct sense of perfect coolness that comes from a lover on a hot night...
I'll read her letters in my head until I wake up.

Goodnight folks.

Soon, expect actual posts to resume on this blog, as I've decided to get back into the fray of writing...

Prompted largely by the inspiration of marvelous folks around me, recent meetings with friends that have been friends so long neither of us can recall how we met, though we're pretty sure it was ten years ago that we first connected, and by remembering how much writing helps me stay mildly more sane...
and in the weeks, months, years to come...
I'm going to need all the sanity I can get, just to stagger forward at a geologic pace...
towards the glorious eventual ending in however many billions of years...

No comments:

Post a Comment